This is a little RGB-led controller of my own design. It is similar to the DigUno but it is also a bit different.
It’s main features are:
- Logic Level Shifter – So it can be placed far from the LEDs
- Works with 12v or 5v – Set the jumper to the voltage of your PS and LEDs
- Reverse polarity protection – incase you mix up + & –
- ESP32 – for better performance using e1.31 & xLights
- WLED preloaded
These are a limited edition. When they are gone, they are gone. I’m sure they will be in a museum someday right next to the Commodore64.
A couple important things to know.
- There is no indicator led on the device
- There is no fuse
- Wiring is simple
- + from the power supply and + going to the LEDs go on the + terminal
- – from the power supply and – going to the LEDs go on the – terminal
- Data going to the LEDs goes on the terminal in between + & –
If you can’t get a DigUno but you need an RBG controller ASAP, this is a pretty good alternative.
This was a PROTOTYPE that needs a few improvements but it works well enough for now. There is no warrantee, no guarantee, no manatee, and no refundee. They’ve all been tested prior to shipping. If it breaks you can make a nice necklace out of it.
WLED is distributed under the MIT License
Copyright (c) 2016 Christian Schwinne
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.